Thursday, September 12, 2013

Godzilla vs. Mothra

I often write down phrases that I think might be good titles for exhibitions. The list isn't too long but contains such classics as:

Godzilla vs. Mothra, a film I have never seen except in stills but one which, I think, is clear about its intentions and content.

Smart Casual, a phrase which embodies the absolute terror of uncertainty in two confident words.

Let's Go, I've used this, they were Yuri Gagarin's words just before he became the first human in space. He was a master of understatement.

It's all gone wrong - this is one of my own personal phrases along with "I must run a bath" and "I should get up" If one day they make an action figure of me pulling the cord in its back will certainly result in a squeaky rendition of one of these haikus of failure.

I think I may have been channelling the first title when I made this thing. Crocodile vs Hairbrush



No comments: